Fondamenta del Soccorso (Carmini Church)
Dorsoduro 2596, 30123 Venezia
The Ca'Zenobio is a monumental building, built in late 17th
and beginning of 18th century, for the Venetian noble family
of Zenobio by Antonio Gaspari. Since 1850, the Palace belongs
to the Armenian Mekhitarist Fathers of Venice. In the facade's
rather monotonous development, it actually conceals a complex
plan, in the shape of an large "C" which opens in
the rear toward a handsome Italian garden.
The main hall of the Zenobio Palace, is named Tiepolian after
the frescos and the complex decoration, to which collaborated
the young G. B. Tiepolo. A hall full of light, a subtle example
of Venetian art and life in the 17 century: «Every element
contributes to create this sumptuous style of the, ambience,
the stuccos and the frescos, along with the bronze decoration
and the mirrors».