Abstandhalter ALMA À VENEZIA     INFO     TICKETS Alma
Cast & Credits
How to find Palazzo Zenobio
Alma and Venice
About Palazzo Zenobio
How to reach Venice
Useful links
Press Corner
Contact us


Venue 2002 – Palazzo Zenobio

The Ca'Zenobio is a monumental building, built in late 17th and beginning of 18th century, for the Venetian noble family of Zenobio by Antonio Gaspari. Since 1850, the Palace belongs to the Armenian Mekhitarist Fathers of Venice. In the facade's rather monotonous development, it actually conceals a complex plan, in the shape of an large "C" which opens in the rear toward a handsome Italian garden.


Before the entrance to the Hall of Mirrors you find the Hall of the «Stucco». On the walls, there are three precious paintings of Luca Carlevarijs, a predecessor of the Venetian 17’s view painters. The ceiling's frescos are some representation of Lazzarini’s allegories. All these frescos are framed by 17’s fine «stucco», along with the marble made door arches.


The main hall of the Zenobio Palace, is named Tiepolian after the frescos and the complex decoration, to which collaborated the young G. B. Tiepolo. A hall full of light, a subtle example of Venetian art and life in the 17 century: «Every element contributes to create this sumptuous style of the, ambience, the stuccos and the frescos, along with the bronze decoration and the mirrors».